Distances5, 10, 21, 25 & 50KM
Elevation gain0 - 700M
LocationWadi Degla Protectorate
The Winter Edition of this year’s Wadi Degla Trail Series features five distances and race categories—one is open for teams of two. Solo participants can choose to participate in the 5KM, 10KM, 21KM, or 50KM solo races, while duo participants can compete in a 50KM Team of Two race where they will complete a 25 KM route each and run in parallel.
Race detailsThe date for the Wadi Degla Trail Series will be announced.
- 50KM Races (Solo and teams): 6:00 am
- 21KM Race: 6:30 am
- 10KM and 5KM Races: 7:00 am
- 50KM Race (Solo): 10 hours (Race ends at 4:00 pm)
- 50KM Race (Team): 5 hours (Race ends at 11:00 am)
- 21KM Race: 4 hours (Race ends at 10:30 am)
- 10KM Race: 2 hours (Race ends at 9:00 am)
- 5KM Race: 1 hour (Race ends at 8:00 am)
Checkpoints (CPs) will be available along each race route to support the runners and to provide water. All participants must enter each checkpoint. It’s at these checkpoints that Ultra Ibex will be made aware of any runner who needs help or assistance during the Wadi Delga Trail series.
- 50KM Race: 7 CPs at 6KM, 12KM, 20KM, 26KM, 33KM, 39KM and 46KM
- 21KM Race: 5 CPs at 2.5KM, 5KM, 10.5KM, 15.5KM and 18KM
- 10KM Race: 3 CPs at 2.5KM, 5KM and 7.5KM
- 5KM Race: 1 CP at 2.5KM
The elevation gain for the 50KM solo race is about 700M as it will be over the Wadi’s North and South ridges. For the 50KM team’s race, each runner will face about 350M of elevation gain on one of the ridges. All other races are down the main Wadi trail, so the surfaces are mostly flat, making it suitable for people of all ages who have a basic fitness level and are in a good health condition.
50KM Runner 1
50KM Runner 2
Wadi Degla Trail Series Winter Edition takes place at Wadi Degla Protectorate. Runners will access the race venue and race start through the main Wadi Degla Protectorate Gate in Zahraa El Maadi. This is the exact location of the main gate.
The terrain for the 50KM solo and team races features 70% hard dirt trails and 30% sandy and rocky trails. The uneven terrain will present exciting challenges for those who will compete in 50KM, the longest distance. All other race categories below 50KM are down the main Wadi trail with 85% hard dirt trail.